Bright and fun watercolor card

by - 09:00

 I really enjoy playing with watercolor. It's one of my favorite mediums as it allows me to be a bit more free than with Copics or pencils. You can guide watercolor to what you want but it will still do what it wants to!

 I got my hands on this really neat set of neon, brighter than bright watercolors and Wow! It really does have fun, bright colors!


I made a birthday card using this kit by painting different layers of balloons on the background. I used a mix of heavier pigment and a more watered down version to give depth to the bunch.

I recommend using a good watercolor paper, like Solo Goya, so you can have many layers of watercolor without the paper pilling or disintegrating.

After the balloons were all dry, I cut it to 149mm x 105mm and mounted it on heavy cardstock.


 

I cut a strip of watercolor paper and stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black. I really like this ink for heavily textured paper as it flows nicely into all of the nooks and crannies. I used a sentiment from the Mathia Gratulerer med små tekst stampset. This is a really fun one as you can change the small words in the sentiment to fit the occasion.


 

I painted some stars and dots around the sentiment and mounted it with my beloved 3M foam tape. I drew some strings on some of the bigger balloons, which I admit I should have done *before* I added the raised sentiment strip, and considered it done!

Until next time...
Dawn


You May Also Like

0 kommentarer