Colorful Birthday Card

by - 09:00

 Good for any gender, this Birthday card is colorful and bright - and also very quick to make!

With the end of the school year came lots of appointments, gatherings, and grilling. I needed a quick birthday card for an unexpected birthday party my son was invited to and 30 minutes later, this was the result.


I started with a piece of watercolor paper and used my Misti (It's best to stamp 3 or 4 times on watercolor paper due to the texture) to stamp an old triangle background stamp with embossing ink. (It's no longer made but this would be a great alternative!) I embossed it with clear embossing powder and didn't worry about getting any excess off as I wanted it to be a little imprecise.

Once it was melted with my heat gun, I used Art by Marlene's Brighter than Bright watercolor and and used all the colors in big splotches. I dried the watercolor with my heat gun and die cut Lawn Fawn's Giant Happy Birthday sentiment in white cardstock.


 

I cut a small piece of vellum and attached it to the watercolor panel. I then attached the sentiment to that and finished it off with some old shiny stars in rainbow colors. I attached it to my cardstock base and it was done!

This was really a quick and playful way to make a card needed under a deadline!


Until next time...
DT Dawn

You May Also Like

0 kommentarer