Sending Big Hugs!

by - 09:00

Sometimes you need a card for a male that isn't quite for sympathy but to let them know you are thinking of them. It's rare, mind you, but it does happen. So I tried to bring together all of the elements for a card I would typically use and just gave it a twist so it would be more male acceptable.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper, an old background stamp, and my Misti. (The background stamp I used is no longer produced but this is very similar and an excellent alternative.) After stamping the background on with embossing ink, I added clear embossing powder and heat set it. I stamped multiple times but didn't go for perfection as I wanted it to be lightly distressed in places.

I then added some watercolor paint in more masculine colors and let that blend and dry. This whole process took less than 5 minutes.


I die cut the sentiment and took my B28 Copic marker and added some accents along the word big to emphasize it. I attached the sentiment to a piece of vellum and then used my favorite foam tape cut into little slivers to bump up the whole die cut.



I attached the sentiment to the watercolor panel and then attached that to my card base. I finished it up by gluing some old Pretty Pink Posh confetti (soon back in stock.)


I think it fits the bill when you need something for a male that shouldn't be overly dramatic, feminine or blingy. For a card that took 15 minutes to make, I'd say that was a job well done!


Until next time....
DT Dawn


 

You May Also Like

0 kommentarer