Modern grunge'ish konfirmant card

by - 09:00

 I guess technically this card could be considered Clean & Simple but I thought modern grunge'ish felt more appropriate. Generation A is having their confirmations now so I tried to design a card that they might like to get. 

I colored up Martine from Mathia Design in a rainbow sweater (because equality) and gave a little extra color in her hair (individual expressionism) but made the rest casual (comfort).


I started off with stamping Martine and the 2 sentiments, one from the Martine stampset (in Villainous potion) and the other from the Nedover tekst stampset (in black). I stamped all of those images on mask paper, fussy cut them out and covered them on the panel. I then stamped the sirklebakgrunn stamp with embossing ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. I didn't want any of the previous stamps to be affected which is why I used the masks. I also brushed off some of the embossing powder before heating to give it an incomplete, grunge type feeling.



I removed the masks from the panel and colored Martine in with my Copic markers. I really liked how the rainbow sweater came out and it wasn't that difficult to do. (Instead of coloring a solid line, tap the marker to make an irregular line and blend it with the colors on either side of it.)

Once she was colored, I added Salvaged Patina Distress Ink to the background, lightly, with my blending brush. I trimmed the panel so it was slightly smaller than the card. I took another panel (cardstock cut to the size of the card), and rubbed the Salvaged Patina ink pad along the edges so it would match the colors used in the card. I then attached both panels to my card base. I hope you like it!

Until next time...
DT Dawn

You May Also Like

0 kommentarer