Boots and Flock

by - 09:00

 A little while ago I received a challenge to use a product I had never used before - flock. It's the stuff that is typically seen on commercially available greeting cards that make animals fuzzy to the touch .

I mostly color and paint so this was far from my expertise but I like a good challenge every once in a while so I was in! And here's one of the cards I came up with.


 I admit, the coloring of the boots may have been a little cheaty but I needed something else on the card so.... that's ok, right? First I stamped and colored up the Mathia boots with my Copics and fussy cut that out. Then it was on to the flock.


After watching numerous videos and reading an equal number of blog posts, I felt confident enough to start playing with it. It seemed the easiest method was to use double sided tape. So I grabbed a piece of Neenah and Scor tape in different sizes and started playing. It turned out to be incredibly easy and not at all different than using embossing powder. Really the 2 differences between flock and embossing powder are that 1) you burnish, or press in with a bone folder, the flock to make sure all of the tape is completely covered, and 2) you don't heat emboss it to set it.


Alternating between gray and lime green flock, I did each piece separately so I wouldn't mix colors and just kept at it until I had 6 completely fuzzy stripes. It was fun to feel the card after and it gave me a few ideas for Christmas time!

Once that was done, I stamped the Mathia sentiment in Versafine ink and very carefully heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I attached the finished panel to my card base and then attached the boots with foam tape to pop them up. 

I hope I've inspired you to try flock! It definitely adds something special to cards. 

Until next time...
DT Dawn

You May Also Like

0 kommentarer