I miss you!

by - 09:00

 It's summer vacation for my son so my office/creative time is *limited*! I assume that is, will be or has been the case for the other creative parents out there as well. When you literally have 20 minutes to make a card, usually simple is best.


So today I'm showcasing a cute card to let someone know they are on your mind - that is also very simple and very fast to make!


I focused on using watercolor today as I think many people do not think it is a quick medium to use. If you're painting some detailed or a landscape, it can take more time. But with a simple coloring or background, it can often take less time than markers or pencils to create the same scene. 

I first created the background using just blue and green. while that dried, I painted the cats and cut them out. I then trimmed the background so it fit on my card base.

 The beautiful part is that you can use *any* watercolor you have for this! I used a watercolor set I had purchased for my son by Docrafts.


I stamped the Mathia sentiment, trimmed the piece into a flag shape and then attached the sentiment and cats to the watercolor panel using my favorite foam tape. (You might be tired of me mentioning my favorite foam tape but it really is my favorite and I've used it for YEARS!)

I attached the completed watercolor panel to my card base and Voila! A complete card in under 20 minutes using the most basic of tools!


Until next time...
DT Dawn

You May Also Like

0 kommentarer