Spring Mountain card

by - 09:00

 


With the change in weather recently, I started thinking about how I'm not as excited for autumn as I am for spring. I don't dislike the season, quite the contrary. But there's nothing, for me at least, that brightens my overall spirits of the thought of spring arriving.

I can go out into the garden and plant stuff. I don't have to be bundled up as much. I don't have to remove snow as much. The scent of the air changes from crisp to warm and new growth. I just love the beginning of spring!

I was challenged to show the versatility of this stamp from Studio Light and I of course thought of the seasons changing. So here is my version of this stamp with a spring feeling.



I started with a very simple watercolor wash on watercolor paper in typical spring colors, green and blue. I found the perfect sentiment on the Mathia spring stampset. I stamped it in black Versafine ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.

I


I chose blue, green and black colors from my scrap paper pile (doesn't everyone have a pile), and cut the image to fit so it had a black border. I stamped the sentiment with clear embossing ink and and embossed it with white embossing powder. I wanted to bring all the colors together so using two tiny scraps of blue and green paper, I attached them to the sentiment piece and popped it up with some foam tape. I then attached that panel to my card base and my feelings of spring had a physical vision.

Until next time...
DT Dawn









You May Also Like

0 kommentarer