Snome julekort

by - 09:00

 I've already started designing Christmas cards for this year! I know it's only September and the coffee shops have just started selling pumpkin lattes but really, is it ever too soon to start with holiday cards?

I'm kicking off my holiday card series with a simple winter scene using a stamp set called Mr. & Mrs. Snome. Snow + Gnome = Snome. So clever, right?


I stamped out Mr. Snome and a gift accessory on Neenah cardstock and colored them in with Copic markers. I then colored a simple, wintery background, also with Copics. I try to keep backgrounds relevant to the card but simple or boring enough so the subjects take the center stage.

Once it was all colored, I stamped the Huldra sentiment in Versafine ink and clear embossed it. I cut and score my card base and attached the colored panel. Finally, I used a white gel pen to add snow to the trees and dots on his clothing. Typically I color over little details like that and just add them back on later as it saves a lot of time and often looks better in my opinion!

Until next time....
DT Dawn


You May Also Like

0 kommentarer