C&S Best friend birthday card

by - 09:00

 Another C&S 5 minute card today! I took my favorite colors, my favorite blingy embossing powder, one of the new Mathia stampsets and made a card my bestie loved receiving.


I took a panel of Neenah cardstock and lightly inked the edges with Kitsch Flamingo and Wilted Violet Distress ink. Then I set up all of my stamps (all from the same Mathia stampset), on the page so I knew where they were going to be and stamped the top and bottom sentiments along with the butterflies in the same Distress ink colors. Then, the most important part, I let them all dry. Distress ink stays wet a little longer than most so it can blend well. But embossing when almost the whole page is wet is a big no-no. 


I'm also impatient so instead of waiting for it to dry, I used my heat gun and sped up the process. You could also do the embossing first and add all the color on after but I just wasn't thinking that day. Once it was dry, I stamped my main image with embossing ink and heat embossed it with a silver powder that has sparkle to it. 


Just look at that shine! I trimmed the panel so it was slightly smaller than my card base and attached it. I added some random bling with glue and within 5 minutes had this pretty card.

Until next time...
Dt Dawn

You May Also Like

0 kommentarer